I have heard of a technique called “shotgunning a TimTam” could you explain how this is done? — Di, UK
Ah, Tim Tams – quite definitely the food of the gods, and probably the favourite chocolate biscuit of Australians.
Now, as for shotgunning a Tim Tam… some might not have heard the term before (it’s also known as the Tim Tam Slam), but I know precisely what you’re talking about, as I suspect do most Australians with Tim Tam experience.
I wasn’t quite sure if this Tim Tam secret could be revealed to people who aren’t Australian citizens, but I checked with the various interested government departments, and with Arnotts, and I have got the all clear to reveal all, provided you all find a packet and try it.
The original version of this article merely listed the steps, but a better way to demonstrate is using video:
The steps in detail:
1. Prepare a drink. It can be hot or cold, whatever your preference. Milk is my favourite, but coffee is good for those who like the stuff.
2. Take Tim Tam from the packet, and try to resist the temptation to just scarf it all down.
3. Take a small bite out of one corner. Let your tastebuds wallow in it for a moment, then take a small bite out of the opposite corner. Ditto.
4. Dip one end into your drink
5. Suck. Go on, SUCK!
6. Your drink will come slowly up into your mouth, along with little bits of Tim Tam. Mmmmm….
7. Keep going until the Tim Tam hull integrity is breached. You’ll know this is happening when the whole thing starts to collapse in your hand. Gobble it up pronto, and allow your tastebuds to enjoy what is best described as a tastebud orgasm.
8. Find the packet and return to step 2.